|Women’s Reservation Bill|
Campaign Reservation Express in support of the Women's Reservation Bill in its present form is being launched on May 20. Initiated by Anhad the Reservation Express has already been endorsed by a large number of women networks, organisations and civil society groups across India and many more organisations are in the process of finalising thier involvement.
Three karwans will be flagged off from Jhansi on May 20th and they will culminate in Delhi on June 7th with a convention. The three women karwans will cover 56 cities and towns covering approximately 15,000 kilometers.
The karwans will carry with them leaflets stating our position on the women's reservation and why we are supporting the WRB in the present form, asking people to join the campaign and will get speacially designed postcards signed by women and men in each city and town. There will be public meetings and press conferences organised in each city by local host organisations. Local activists, women leaders, artists, intellectuals and other civil society members will participate in these meetings. Local groups will put up cultural programmes.Each karwan will have 20 women representing various endorsing organisations, young students and film makers. We must participate with our strength in the cities of our state where their Caravan is going. Anyway we have to participate in the following way:
1. A reception committee with the women’s and other organisation can be formed.
2. Finalisation of places for one day programme.
3. Logistic arrangements including food and stay for at least 20-22 people.
4. Organising press conference one day before and mobilizing media for the same day.
5. Warm welcome of the people.
6. Fixing up the speakers for the programme.